Scottish Seafood Association
The Scottish Seafood Association (SSA) supports Seafood Processors and other associated businesses in challenging economic, environmental and regulatory conditions to safeguard processing capacity for all the seafood landed by Scottish fishermen.
To ensure a viable and long term future for the Scottish Seafood Industry through effective dialogue, consultation, collaboration and partnerships
Latest News from Fish Update
- NFFO New recruit is safe betTHE National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations (NFFO) has reinforced its commitment to individual safety and reducing accidents at sea with the appointment of Robert Greenwood as Safety and Training Officer.Wed, 23 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Richard Lochhead comments on fish statisticsCOMMENTING on the recently published Scottish fish landing statistics, Scottish Fisheries Secretary Richard Lochhead said:Tue, 22 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- SPATIAL PLANNING FOR AQUACULTURE: WHAT TO GROW WHERE AND HOW TO MANAGE IT ONCE IT'S THERE?Relevant and cost-effective spatial planning can ensure future aquaculture development is both environmentally and economically sustainable.Thu, 17 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Share boost for Icelandic fishing companyICELANDIC fishing company HB Grandi has received a big financial boost after just over a quarter of its shares were sold for 13.6 billion Icelandic kroners (ISK) – or £72.4-million sterling.Tue, 22 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Iceland hands itself 147,700 ton mackerel quotaICELAND is to set itself a mackerel quota of almost 148,000 for 2014, reports from Reykjavik suggest.Wed, 23 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Sealord trawler investment secures 84 jobsThe New Zealand fishing company Sealord is investing over 20 million dollars (NZ) in a 63 metre factory trawler in a move which will secure 84 fishing jobs and its on-shore support teams.Thu, 24 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
Aberdeen Fish Market
Marine Traffic Map
View the upcoming landings reported by skippers prior to docking.