Scottish Seafood Association
The Scottish Seafood Association (SSA) supports Seafood Processors and other associated businesses in challenging economic, environmental and regulatory conditions to safeguard processing capacity for all the seafood landed by Scottish fishermen.
To ensure a viable and long term future for the Scottish Seafood Industry through effective dialogue, consultation, collaboration and partnerships
Latest News from Fish Update
- Norwegian exports buoyant as salmon prices soarNORWAY exported seafood worth a bumper 32.7 billion kroners (about £3.1 billion sterling) during the first six months of this year – up by NOK 5.3 billion (£502-million), around 20 per cent on the same period in 2013. Again the country's salmon farmers were the main winners as demand for salmon soared.Tue, 08 Jul 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Fishupdate BriefingRARE BLUEFIN FOUND OFF CORNWALL THE FISH DISH LEAVING ON PLATFORM........GOOD NEWS ON ORANGE ROUGHYN. IRELAND SEAFOOD DELIGHTFri, 18 Jul 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Prince of Wales discusses ‘Blue Economy’THE Prince of Wales is today bringing together experts from the worlds of fishing and finance today to discuss ways to invest in the sustainability of the oceans.Thu, 10 Jul 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Knives out for Grimsby seafood contestSCORES OF men wielding sharp knives will be invading the Grimsby area over the August holiday weekend.Tue, 15 Jul 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- New Icelandic catch quotas ‘based on science’ICELAND'S Fisheries Minister, Sigurdur Ingi Jóhannsson, has decided on the total catch of most species for the next fishing year which begins on 1 September. His decision follows recent recommendations from groups like the Marine Research Institute, and there are few surprises.Wed, 09 Jul 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Fishing safety moves forwardThe reduction in fishermen fatalities in 2013, as revealed in the recent publication of the Marine Accident Investigation Branch's annual report, is a welcome development and indicative of the wide reaching work of the industry to reduce accident rates, says Derek Cardno, Safety Officer for the Scottish Fishermen's Federation (SFF).Tue, 22 Jul 2014 04:00:00 GMT
Fish and Chip Awards 2013
Marine Traffic Map
View the upcoming landings reported by skippers prior to docking.