Scottish Seafood Association
The Scottish Seafood Association (SSA) supports Seafood Processors and other associated businesses in challenging economic, environmental and regulatory conditions to safeguard processing capacity for all the seafood landed by Scottish fishermen.
To ensure a viable and long term future for the Scottish Seafood Industry through effective dialogue, consultation, collaboration and partnerships
Latest News from Fish Update
- Good welfare leads to good quality!In July 2013, BAADER extended its technology capabilities into the automated harvesting of live fish.Wed, 16 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Icelandic fleet heads into Faroese watersTEN Icelandic pelagic boats are currently tied up in the Faroes, five in Tórshavn and another five at the smaller port of Tvøroyri, where their crews are waiting for the blue whiting to migrate out of European Union waters and into the Faroese economic zone.Mon, 14 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Volume of fish landings remains stable but value falls by eight per centA National Statistics Publication for ScotlandWed, 16 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- The Norwegian codfathersTHE Norwegian fishing industry is donating 16 tonnes of cod to UK chippies to celebrate Norway Day on 17 May.Thu, 10 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- FISHupdate briefingUS SENATOR PUSHES NEW LAW ON FISH FRAUD FUNKY FISH RANGE EXPANDS UNCLE BUBBA'S CLOSES DOWN SEAFOOD CHIEF JOINS COCA COLAFri, 11 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
- Canadian anger over shrimp cutsA DEMONSTRATION has taken place at the federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) in St Jones, Canada, over plans to reduce allowable shrimp catches and the last in first out policy.Thu, 10 Apr 2014 04:00:00 GMT
Fishing Post War
Marine Traffic Map
View the upcoming landings reported by skippers prior to docking.