Job Role: Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
Pay Rate: An attractive and negotiable package will be available.
Shift Pattern: 4 on 3 off (10-hour shift pattern)
7 days per week between 6.00am – midnight
Closing Date: 10 December 2021
We are a rapidly expanding food manufacturing company dedicated to producing a range of high quality fish and seafood products for a Global market and we now have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with a strong bias in both experience and qualifications to Electrical.
You must have the ability to read electrical drawings and have the skills to fault find under pressure. PLC experience is preferred and the ability to go online with the equipment and diagnosis control faults etc. Regarding mechanical aspects, the business expects the engineer to do the most common mechanical tasks.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager you will take responsibility for both proactive and reactive maintenance duties within this fast-paced production environment. As a key member of the Engineering team, you will share responsibility for maintenance of the fabric of the site and machine performance, ensuring they are kept running to peak performance within production.
- To complete planned maintenance, fault finding and breakdown repairs, installation and modification to plant and services.
- Ensure all Engineering work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice, Health and Safety Legislation and current Company Standards.
- Wiring installations from 230 – 400 V
- Fault diagnose and complete breakdown repairs of process equipment, plant, packaging equipment and site services.
- Manage your workload and time plan seeking out improvements and running repairs.
- Undertake training to keep abreast of technological advancements and maintain skill level.
- You will need to facilitate a speedy response to all plant stoppages and to help plan/ implement modifications to new and existing equipment.
Ideally, you will have:
- Previous experience of working within a FMCG manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of HACCP and COSHH.
- Time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline, holding an Electrical Engineering HND / HNC / BTech / ONC / C&G Level 3 qualifications or higher
- 18th Edition City & Guilds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to work flexibly across the business and in respect of working hours
- Be computer literate, with a strong Microsoft Office knowledge
If you have any questions or wish to be considered for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org